FIVE men have been arrested after multiple search warrants were executed on homes in the Wagga Wagga area today.
Today’s operation was the culmination of investigations by Strike Force Edney, formed in September to investigate the supply of prohibited drugs in the region.
About 6am today, police attached to Wagga Wagga Detectives and Target Action Group (TAG), executed five search warrants, seizing drugs and items alleged to be linked to the supply and use of prohibited drugs.
Five men were arrested and taken to Wagga Wagga Police Station where they were charged with drug offences.
Two were refused bail to appear in Wagga Wagga Local Court tomorrow.
• A 23-year-old man, from Wagga Wagga, was charged with supply a prohibited drug and possess a prohibited drug;
• A 31-year-old man, from Ashmont, was charged with supply a prohibited drug.
Three men were granted conditional bail to appear in Wagga Wagga Local Court on April 9:
• A 27-year-old man, from Tolland, was charged with supply a prohibited drug and possess a prohibited drug;
• A 30-year-old man, from Kooringal, charged with supply a prohibited drug; and,
• A 35-year-old man, from Turvey Park, charged with supply a prohibited drug.
Wagga Wagga Crime Manager, Detective Inspector Darren Cloake, appealed for anyone with information about the distribution of illicit drugs within the region to contact police.
“People can call Wagga Wagga Police direct, or they may call Crime Stoppers 24/7 on 1800 333 000 and can provide the information anonymously. No information is too minor – it may be a key piece of a larger puzzle,” he said.